More Than A Stadium
No Taxpayer Dollars
- No tax increase & no taxpayer dollars
- 100% privately funded
- City of SD will sell land at fair market value. Nothing less.
- Extensive traffic improvements & public parks, paid for with private investment dollars
- 26,000 permanent jobs & $2.8 billion in annual economic impact
- Major League Soccer team!
- 55 acres of community park space
- $40 mil River Park, with construction & operations covered
- 6 community recreations fields
- Extensive flood control to protect the area during storms
- Major road improvements to improve traffic flow
- Permanent home for the Aztecs
- Creates a shared 30,000-32,000 seat stadium, meeting the stated needs of SDSU
- Gifts full ownership of the stadium to SDSU after five years, worth $100 million
- The largest donation in SDSU history by four times
- Provides long term student housing, classrooms, and academic space
"This is an exciting concept that could welcome Major League Soccer to San Diego without public subsidy, provide a home for Aztecs football and create a long-awaited river park."
-San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer
"This plan will achieve something historic for San Diego: a stadium development that protects taxpayers and provides a wide range of public benefits."
-April Boling, Taxpayer Advocate
“[This project] just makes sense”
-San Diego Councilmember Scott Sherman
Paid for by GOAL: San Diegans for the River Park, School Funding, Soccer and a Tax-Free Stadium - A Committee to redevelop the Qualcomm Stadium site, sponsored by MLS SD Pursuit, LLC, with financial support from Michael Stone and Peter Seidler. 7185 Navajo Rd., SD.
For current contributor information, click here