More Than A Stadium
No Taxpayer Dollars
- No tax increase & no taxpayer dollars
- 100% privately funded
- City of SD will sell land at fair market value. Nothing less.
- Extensive traffic improvements & public parks, paid for with private investment dollars
- 26,000 permanent jobs & $2.8 billion in annual economic impact
- Major League Soccer team!
- 55 acres of community park space
- $40 mil River Park, with construction & operations covered
- 6 community recreations fields
- Extensive flood control to protect the area during storms
- Major road improvements to improve traffic flow
- Permanent home for the Aztecs
- Creates a shared 30,000-32,000 seat stadium, meeting the stated needs of SDSU
- Gifts full ownership of the stadium to SDSU after five years, worth $100 million
- The largest donation in SDSU history by four times
- Provides long term student housing, classrooms, and academic space
"This is an exciting concept that could welcome Major League Soccer to San Diego without public subsidy, provide a home for Aztecs football and create a long-awaited river park."
-San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer
"This plan will achieve something historic for San Diego: a stadium development that protects taxpayers and provides a wide range of public benefits."
-April Boling, Taxpayer Advocate
“[This project] just makes sense”
-San Diego Councilmember Scott Sherman